The application priority date for domestic students is December 15, 2020. Please follow the instructions for applicants found on the University Graduate School’s “How to Apply” page to apply online. If you cannot apply online and would like a paper application, please follow these instructions.
Neither the (optional) general GRE nor the (optional) Biochemistry GRE subject exam are required prerequisites to apply. However, if you have taken these exams and wish to report your scores, you can do so in the Optional Documents section. Official results can be sent to Indiana University using the following codes: Institution Code 1324, Department Code 0202.
Official transcripts should be uploaded with your statement of purpose and CV in your online application.
Complete domestic and permanent resident applications for graduate study should contain the following:
- Application form (online)
- A 300-500 word Personal Statement regarding your current goals, plans for your professional career, and reasons for selecting a field of study (upload to online application)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended (uploaded online)
- Official results of the (optional) Graduate Record Examinations
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded online by recommenders)
- A list stating your teaching, research and/or industrial experiences; a publications list, if available; and any college or professional honors and awards. You may also include a resume or CV that provides this information
- An application fee of $70 USD
- The University Graduate School participates in several programs designed to expand participation of underrepresented minority groups in graduate education. Prospective student applicants who apply through one of four programs can receive an application fee waiver from the University Graduate School. The programs are (1) Project 1000 ; (2) McNair Graduate Fellowship Program ; (3) Committee for Institutional Cooperation (CIC) FreeApp Program (waiver application); and, (4) National Physical Science Consortium (NPSC).
All applicants that are accepted into the program should respond no later than April 15, 2021 to the offer of admittance. After the deadline, promise of support can no longer be guaranteed.