Due to the launch of a new application system in September, we will not be accepting applications for the Biochemistry Ph.D. Program until September 3, 2019.
The application priority date for international students is December 1, 2019. Please follow the instructions for applicants found on the University Graduate School’s “How to Apply” page to apply online. If you cannot apply online and would like a paper application, please follow these instructions.
Applicants for admission should take the general GRE exam. The biochemistry GRE subject exam is recommended, but not required. Official results will be sent to Indiana University. Please use the following codes: Institution Code 1324, Department Code 0202.
If your native language is not English, you are required to take the TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet Based Test). The paper TOEFL ITP exam (sometimes called the institutional TOEFL) cannot be used in place of the TOEFL iBT. The IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam may be submitted in place of the TOEFL iBT.
Complete international applications for graduate study should contain the following:
- Application form (online)
- A 300-500 word Statement of Purpose regarding your current goals, plans for your professional career, and reasons for selecting a field of study (upload to online application)
- Official results of the Graduate Record Examinations and TOEFL scores (sent to department)
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded online by recommenders)
- Your CV or resume with your timeline that includes your teaching, research and/or industrial experiences; a publications list, and any college or professional honors and awards
- An application fee of $70 USD
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended must be uploaded with your online application and mailed to the following address:
Office of International Services
400 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, Indiana 47405 USA
All applicants that are accepted into the program should respond no later than April 15, 2020 to the offer of admittance. After the deadline, promise of support can no longer be guaranteed.